How To: Style A Halter Neck Bodysuit



We're all obsessed with these halter neck bodysuits now aren't we? Once you have one, it really does become a wardrobe essential and you're not quite sure how you managed without it for so long. 

There are countless ways to wear them, but I wanted to show you a few of the ways I dress it up or down with jeans. Also I know it says style, but this is basically inspo on how to layer one I know we're all living in joggers lately, but I needed to inspire myself to actually take the sweats off at some point. Before I get used to wearing them permanently. 

But I probably wear it most with joggers. There's something about a fitted up top with oversized joggers look *chefs kiss*

The amazing thing about this bodysuit is it's double lined slinky material. So it's really comfortable, and if you didn't want to wear a bra you don't have to!

It fits really nice too, I chose black because it would be more slimming and flattering, but there are so many colours to choose from. I think I'm going to get the nude next because why not! 

I know everyone raves about the Zara bodysuit, but mine is actually from Nastygal. It's very similar, the only reason I got it from there was because it was on sale. As it happens, I can't find the link for the Nastygal one so you can find the Zara one here.



Okay so the first way, and my personal favourite, is to wear an oversized check shirt. This one was stolen from my brother, because honestly men's clothing just hits different sometimes. So go into your bro's, boyfriend's or dad's wardrobe and steal a checked shirt. 


I just love how effortlessly chic it looks when you wear it off the shoulder and with the sleeves rolled up. It's a really cool look. I'd style this with some doc martens and layer some gold jewellery. 

Jeans and Belt are Newlook, but old stock. 






Next is another casual look, but a little more structured than the oversized check shirt and that is a khaki shirt. This is a much thicker material, so it's somewhere in between a jacket and a shirt. It's kind of outerwear but not? I'd put it in the family of a denim jacket, which would also look great styled with this body suit and black jeans. 

I really like this because I love khaki clothes, I think the colour is always going to be in fashion and can easily upgrade a boring outfit. I would style this outfit with my Nike Air Force 1's. Keep it really simple as they shirtdoes all the talking.

Shirt is from Peacocks. Here is similar.




Staying casual, I wanted to show you the simplest way I wear the bodysuit. It's understated, but by no means basic. A cardigan transforms an outfit into a really cosy and comfy look. I love them, they're so easy to throw on to complete an outfit. This one is from Ralph Lauren and its fairly fitted, but I absolutely love a big chunky oversized knit and think it would look great combined with this look. Similar to the check shirt, I love wearing a cardigan off the one shoulder. 

I wouldn't go OTT when styling this look, I think I would just wear some black ankle boots and keep it simple, as that is the whole point of the outfit. 

Shirt is Urban Outfitters, sold out but found similar here. On sale too!





The final way I love to dress up this bodysuit is, of course, with a blazer. The tagline would be a smart and sophisticated look suitable for all occasions. 

I wear some variation of this look all time, this bodysuit, with a blazer and skinny jeans or trousers. I've worn it to corporate events and meals out. It's an on trend, classy outfit that is so easy to rock.

For an evening look for dinner and drinks for example, I would wear black jeans, barely there heels, a statement necklace and a big, bold clutch bag.

For any kind of work event, I would belt the blazer over the top for a structured look, I'd then combine with black skinny cropped trousers, patent black heels or loafers, if you prefer flats, a few delicate silver jewellery pieces and a low pony. 

For a casual look, I would wear with some clean white trainers and layer some gold necklaces over the bodysuit.  

See how I say it's suitable for all occasions? We stan a versatile outfit... I'm 25, I don't know if I used that term correctly lmao. 

I really thought I'd be able to find the cardigan, but I can't. I did buy it from Cheshire Oaks maybe that's why. 





Obviously the looks are endless with this bodysuit, but I just wanted to show you how easy it is to style by just changing one item of clothing. I've achieved so many different looks. I mostly wanted to express just how much I love it, and how I'd be totally lost without it. So hopefully I've convinced some of you it is probably worth the investment. 


Blazer is from Label Lab, again can't find but found this one from Nastygal that I love. 

As always, thanks for reading. Let me know in the comments how you style yours and which of these looks was your fav! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

​The Story of a Fashion Victim

How To: Hair Regrowth

Emily in Paris: Fashion Review